Tuesday 5 May 2015

Yay! moment.



A little while ago I added my custom blog signature to my posts following a fantastic post by Marie from www.codeitpretty.com. I was really happy how it turned out but I only wanted my signature to appear on blog posts and not in the snippets you see on home page. I tried to follow her instructions but it just wasn't working but I tried again and again and now WOO HOO! It's worked. A little patience and perseverance gets you there in the end. So now my signatures only appear on my blog posts.

For those of you who are scared to fiddle around with the HTML of your blogs, my advice is don't be. If you find a good tutorial and follow the instructions it's not a problem honestly. And on great blogs like Marie's if you contact her with any questions or problems she is having she will get back to you.

It can be really frustrating when you muster up the courage to have a fiddle with things like your blog template and then it doesn't work. My advice is, don't give up. Give yourself a little break and then go back to it. For me the error I'm usually making is I have not read the given instructions properly, resulting in things not working. Once I decided to go for it, I've managed to change by blog background/template several times (the present one I love but I fear I'm going to have to change again because it's not mobile friendly), add different widgets and all sorts of things more.

To check out more posts in the Sprucing up your blog series, click on the label in the sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews