Sunday 19 January 2014

Up-cycled organiser.


I'm going to be back to sudying in February as I am starting my nurse prescribing module! It's a full on course and is going to require me to be super organised and on top of things. It's for 6 months, so can't be doing with being stressed out and feeling too much pressure for that time.


Starting a new course does means getting some new pretty stationery. Well I suppose that is probably the least important thing but any excuse for purchasing pretty things. I wanted an organiser to use and what's better then putting your own touch on things and creating something yourself. I found a book at home that had a plastic cover on it which I thought would be perfect to cover my organiser, all I needed to do then was get my notebook and put my own touches on it.

When I was in Ryman's stationery shop there was a sale on and they had a Pukka academic diary for 2013/2014 in the sale for £2.50. It was exactly what I wanted and nice and cheap. I tore out some of the pages I didn't need, for example the bits with 2013 on and class timetables.

Although the cover was nice enough I wanted something more, so I had some craft paper I got free with a magazine and some gorgeous fabric that I have yet to use which I thought would be great to add to the cover or my organiser.


Here's how it looks inside, there's a map, conversion chart and some diary pages. It's divided into 4 sections with a plastic envelope.





A simple, quick and easy up-cycling project. I'm really please with how it turned out. I'm afraid I didn't get particularly good pictures as lighting was bad in my study/craft room I was in and in a hurry so didn't have time to fiddle around.


     

6 comments:

  1. Cute organizer! Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like being prepared and it looks lovely too. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buying stationary. Good luck with the studies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a cute organizer is a very good thing!! I don't have one now--just a notebook for writing all of my random notes about life that need to be written down and organized...:P Maybe next year I'll spring for a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with cute stationery. Have to stop myself buying it. Thanks for stopping by :) It's not too late for this year ;)

      Delete
  5. Super cool! Stopping by from The SITS Girls.

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews