Sunday 13 February 2011

A little introduction to me

Well what can I tell you, I work as a Practice Nurse in a GP surgery, a job that I love, well most of the time. I have a wonderful husband who is the best. We also have a gorgeous dog Spike, he is a Sprollie (Springer/Collie cross). After writing all that, I think "wow, how good does my life sound, great job (although pay could be better), lovely hubby, cute dog". But I suppose this is where the big 'BUT' comes in. I (along with many others) have become friends with that little old thing we call MS,I say friends I am slowly learning to live with it like an annoying squatter rather then be best chums. MS shouldn't get in the way of life! Right?....right!!  Well it does interfere (quite a lot at times) with our lives but that won't stop us living life to the full for as long as we can, will it?! (I feel as if I should be asking if I can get an AMEN at this point )


Over the last year I have been threatening to start my own Blog since the big "D Day" (diagnosis day), it's just something I have fancied doing and felt it would be quite therapeutic for me to write things down. It's quite nerve racking  this Blog business, as I'm writing I keep thinking whose going to want to hear about me? But hey I'm jumping in with both feet, ye hah! So while helping me through my own personal therapy I hope that my Blog may help others too or at the very least it may just be a comfort to know they are not alone.


As my Blog progresses (or plods along depending on how I feel) I'll be sharing the ups and downs (more up than down hopefully) of my life with MS. I shall be  report on my upcoming DMD's and how I get on with those (no deep medical stuff just personal experience), as well as any other adventures or mischief that I (hopefully) get up to, (no promises though about how exciting the mischief  parts will be) I will look back over my first year with MS, and as and when good or bad stuff happens with my ongoing relationship with MS, you will be the first to know (after hubby and spike, they will feel left out otherwise)  


So I hope I've grabbed your attention and you will read on.


Enjoy 








18 comments:

  1. Welcome Kate!! Your blog is lovely. I hope you enjoy writing here. I'll be posting a 'welcome ms bloggers' post soon and definitely feature you. Thanks so much for your emails and for letting me know about your blog.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. The illness shouldn't take over your life any more than absolutely necessary. Great attitude.

    It's so important to talk about invisible illnesses. Thank you for telling your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin :)

      Thanks for stopping by and for reading my blog :) Thanks for comment too!

      Delete
  3. You are the person, not the disease. Healthy attitude. You've got a good voice and I enjoyed your intro. Enjoy your SITS Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your great comment!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Happy SITS day! How brave of you to let the world know how you deal with MS! I thank you for sharing your story which I know is hard to do and hope that we can bring comfort to you as well.

    Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a lovely comment, thank you. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, you should totally get a big "Amen!" for that statement!

    Hope you have a wonderful SITS day! I am sure your blog will help not only yourself as you deal with all the ups and downs, but many others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had a wonderful day. It's been so great to meet lots of lovely people ;)

      Delete
  6. I am very happy to meet you Kate. I cannot wait to get to know you :)

    http://fortheloveofkids.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! That's part of the reason I wanted to do this, to get to know lots of fabulous people!

      :)

      Delete
  7. Stopping by from SITS. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Kate, Happy SITS Day! I applaud you for keeping such a positive attitude about MS and sharing your experiences as a way to help you cope with it in your first year of diagnosis. I look forward to reading more about your experience and provide some moral support. I am in a similar situation, although I waited 10 years to start blogging about my experience with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I try to keep my blog focused on the positive as well because frankly, the disease and the pain can be depressing and bring me down. So I blog about RA a little but mostly about the things that make me happy and the mischief my 3 boys bring me. Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there, thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment. As I say I'm a nurse and see patients with RA and it's not nice. Blogs help don't they and you meet so many supportive people around you. Things are good now but when they have been bad I've had great support. Glad you found me, I shall hop over to your blog to check it out now :)

      Kate x

      Delete
  9. Nice to meet you, and happy SITS day (late)!

    ReplyDelete

❀Thanks for stopping by, I always love to here what you have to say. I like to reply to your comments and especially love it when you're NOT a "noreplyblogger" so I can email my reply to you! If you like what you read have a peek to your right for ways you can follow me and my blog❀

Total Pageviews